It’s our final week! Tuesday is the last day of regular classes.
Mikaela will be in the office from 4-6 both Tuesday and Wednesday clearing up accounts.
FESTIVAL STUDENTS…Costumes must come to the Yates on Rehearsal day! They must be returned on marked hangers with your name. MANY HEADPIECES WERE NOT BROUGHT BACK AT PICTURES…Do Not Forget them! Come Early to Get Organized!
Rehearsal Week (May 24 and 25): We have booked the Yates Theatre for the few days prior to the show in which all classes will be required to attend a mandatory spacing rehearsal and run thru. This rehearsal is extremely important! We will try to stay right on time. Your children are to be dropped off at the side theatre door (STERNDALE BENNETT), you may wait in the hallway for them as they will only be 15 or 20 minutes per DANCE but will be expected to star for their class?s rehearsal time. We will not release students until a parent is present to pick them up. Do not send them with lots of clothes and items, no food! Only water is allowed in the theatre. See attached schedule for proper times. Do not be late! We need to be punctual for these rehearsals as we are scheduled tightly. Let the teachers have this crucial time with the students. Absolutely no running around the Yates or foyer!!
Volunteers: Unlike other studios, we do not charge a fee to those parents who don?t help during our show, however, to run a show of this size it takes about 40 volunteers each evening. We ask that you volunteer your time for one of the shows. This frees you up to see a show that your child performs in. We are always short help and this makes the show stressful for the students and we want this to be a non-stress, fun experience for all! There will be a signup sheet posted for the month of May and we ask that everyone sign up for one show. Thank you for your attention to this matter. The lists are posted at the studio and will move to the Yates for sign ups.
Show Nights: All students must arrive via the Yates backstage door (at the roundabout behind city hall). Volunteers are required to be in the building by 6:00 (NO LATER!) on show nights . Students must arrive between 6:15 and 6:30 show nights? . We adhere strictly to these times as we are required to have 200 students dressed and ready for Act 1 at ShowTime…do not be late. Your child may not be dressed and ready for the show if they are late! All students must come with hair and make-up done and with tights (no underwear under tights!) for their first dance. Carry all shoes and additional tights, along with a clean snack in a clearly marked back pack or bag. Try to wear a robe or sundress overtop so it is easy for the dressers to help you. Mark every shoe, every tight, every item they bring with their name, first and last!
Videos of the entire show will once again be filmed and sold by Cogo Productions. They do a stunning job and this is a great family souvenir. We will not be doing any presales. You may place your order in the lobby of the Yates on show nights/afternoon. Videos are $45.00 and cheques are payable to Cogo Productions. Add $5 for Blu Ray These videos have every group dance from the entire season on them (all shows!).
- Festival students we do not change hairstyles at Year End!
- Hair is to be in a mid bun, no part for ALL dances (excluding Tiny Tots and Kindertots and Rec Hip Hop)
- Tiny Tot and Kindertot Hair is in a ? Pony pulled back off the face and Very Curly!!
- Pictures are posted on vandance.ca of hair and make-up.
- Tights same as Festival for Festival Students (if unsure, look at vandance.ca for this info or attached email)
- All pink, beige and black tights are matte?not shimmer!
- Recreational students, see emailed list.
- Be sure tights are clean, and in good condition. No holes or runs! All tight available at Classique Dancewear
- Please no nylons or “pretend” tights. Let’s all match and look fabulous!!
- Shoes same as Festival for Festival Students (if unsure, look at vandance.ca for this info or attachment)
- Recreational students see email list.
- Dark Stage Make Up for everyone. Please follow these steps.
- Start with foundation 1-2 shades darker than skin tone
- deep plum blush, brown shades of eye shadow using lots of white highlighter both above and below the eye
- mascara or false eyelashes(preferred)
- eyeliner (wings) which makes 2 parallel lines one from below the eye, one from corner of the eye and out about 1/4 of an inch
- lip liner and a deep red/deep red lipstick a good color is L?Oreal #312 Ravishing Red or Covergirl #915 Red Siren
- Make up should enhance your child’s already beautiful face. It should be done with care.
- Anyone with specialty make up bring makeup remover and a wash cloth!
- Large Rhinestone Ear rings for everyone.
- No jewellery or nail polishes (unless called for as accessories).
- All Patten Tap shoes must have elastics not ribbons. Wear black golf socks to make them closed in if needed.
- Do not go out and buy new shoes of any style for your dances. Post on the website or Facebook what you have for sale and what you need. Also, check the boxes of shoes at the studio.
- No panties under tights unless called for on tights list
- No jewellery or nail polish (unless called for as accessories).
- All black fishnets should be worn with beige matte tights underneath for shine and for comfort.
- Anyone showing midriff in a costume, may buy a full beige body stocking for under it if you wish.
- Any costumes that you are asked to costume yourself, must be brought in advance so they aren’t forgotten. Bring them to Yates rehearsal on May 24 and 25. Dressing rooms must be set up these days.
- No dangly earrings but large rhinestone studs for all dances are appropriate unless otherwise specified.
I will resend tap exam info for the week in the morning! There were a few time conflicts I need to clear up.