Happy New Year to All!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas season and are all looking forward to this new year.
I thank you all very much for all of the wonderful and yummy goodies the staff received. Thank you for thinking of us!
We now enter the busy season for dance, preparing for festivals and exams and we hope that this letter will help with some important information.
Attendance is VERY important through January especially. All of the instructors will be working on choreography for the season this month. If your child misses, please make arrangements to review with the instructor if time permits, or review with another student so that the class is able to move along each and every week. Time is precious!
If you have a vacation booked, please write it on our calendar so that teachers can prepare! Remember to reschedule any private lessons so that you aren’t billed for the time.
There are several classes that enrollment has dropped below the required level to continue running the class. Instead of cancellation, we will run these classes for 1/2 hour instead of 45 minutes. This will enable the students to continue with those dance disciplines. Please check the attached schedule (attached as Proposed Fall Schedule…first page) for 1/2 hour lessons.
Please pass on our NEW Registration News:
We are accepting additional registration for our:
- Tiny Tot (3 year olds) (Sat 10:00)
- Kindertot (4/5 year olds) (Tues 5:30, Sat 10:30)
- Pre Primary Levels(5 year old) in Tap, Jazz Hop(Wed 6-7) or Ballet (Mon 6:15)
- Recreational Hip Hop Classes (Tues)
- Musical Theatre 5 – 7 (Wed)
Please pass this information on to anyone who may be interested in starting classes now! Show up to your new class the week of January 7!
Important Dates to Remember:
- Classes resume on January 7 (Week 1 for private lesson rotation starts Jan 7)
- Extra Ballet Exam Rehearsal Days for ALL Ballet Exam Students Sun Jan 20 and Sun March 3
- Tap Exam Entry Deadline is February 15 (letter of Intent is attached to this email)
- Ballet Exam Entry Deadline is March 20 (Letter of Intent to go out later this month)
- Jazz Exam Entries TBA
- Family Week/Teachers Convention Week Feb 18-24 inclusive. There will be NO Regular Classes this week.
- Yates Rehearsal Days for Festival Dances March 20-22
- No regular classes from Apr 19-28 inclusive?Easter/Spring Break
- Fabulous Feet Calgary Bearspaw Apr 24-27
- Moose Jaw Festival May 1-5
- Showtime Lethbridge May 9-11
- Picture Days have been tentatively scheduled for May 14/15
- Year-end Show Week May 22-25 and this includes rehearsals and shows at the Yates Exciting year end show details will be released soon!
- Tap Exams May 29 (Mock Exam will be Monday May 27)
- Ballet Exam Date is not yet determined but we will shoot for around May 31- June 7
- Jazz Exams TBA
Festival/Exam Students Only:
A regular practice schedule should be taking place for exams and dances.
Group Music cd’s are slowly becoming available from the teachers. $5 from the office.
Please be sure that your private lesson accounts are kept up to date. We are working on the book updates now and the book will be back in the office by Tues Jan 15. Your next deposit for upcoming lessons of $100.00 is due immediately. Many accounts are quite high right now.
Tap exam dances were recorded and put on face book to help the students practice.
I was asked by several of the instructors to put in a blurb about home practice. It is the time of year that we as teachers can only do our job of cleaning and correcting if the students come to class knowing their work and corrections from week to week. It is most important that we work together as a team to get our best results. It is frustrating for the instructors and very discouraging to the students if they do not remember from week to week. Please practice! Group cd?s will be available in the office.
I have included the Tap Letter of Intents and the Private Lesson Schedule Moving Forward. Please let me know if there are time changes for festival schedule.
Thank you for reading,