Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
This is going to be a very exciting week!
It’s our final week! Tuesday is the last day at the studio.
- Erica will be in the office from 4-7 Tuesday clearing up festival and regular accounts. The only thing left to be billed are extra exam classes. These will be billed and ready for exam day. We also will divide up the festival group winnings and have them ready for exam/registration time. Please check your accounts.
- We will also be accepting INSPIRE registrations as well as for our summer classes.
- EMPTY ALL LOCKERS TONIGHT
The files referenced below are available here. Please review as needed
Tuesday May 22 at the studio
Tuesday May 22 will be at the studio in show order (which is attached!). This practice is Important in order to rehearse entrances and exits. See attached show order schedule for the Act your child is in. I have tried to get all of our “littles” done in the first two Acts.
- 4:30-Act 1 done at 6:00 and ready for pick up
- 6:00-Act 2 done at 7:30 and ready for pick up
- 7:30-Act 3 done at 9:00 and ready for pick up
PLEASE NOTE: THE BUGS HAVE MOVED TO ACT 1…THEY ARE to young FOR ACT III
This show order document also shows the color of dressing room your child will be in for the show. Please be sure they know!! Please let me know if anyone still has back to back dances!
Wednesday May 23 will be at the Enmax Centre
We have booked the Enmax for the day prior to the show in which all classes will be required to attend a mandatory spacing rehearsal and run thru. This rehearsal is extremely important! We will try to stay right on time. Your children are to be dropped off at the WEST PLAYERS door. We will not release students until a parent is present to pick them up. Do not send them with lots of clothes and items, no food! Only water is allowed in the backstage area. See attached schedule for proper times. Do not be late! We need to be punctual for these rehearsals as we are scheduled tightly. Let the teachers have this crucial time with the students. Absolutely no running around!! Teachers have been given very specific supervision instructions.
All dancers must arrive through the WEST PLAYERS ENTRANCE 15 minutes before your scheduled rehearsal in regular dance clothes and shoes.
The schedule is on the attachment.
- We have very little time to practice on the stage. Please be a bit early and move quickly.
- Parents can wait in the entrance way but are not to come through onto the ice/stage area today. You will be stopped by our helpers.
- Children will be brought into the West Players entrance as soon as they are done rehearsing.
FESTIVAL STUDENTS…Costumes must come to the Enmax on Wed May 23 day! They must be returned on marked hangers with your name. Do Not Forget Headpieces and ALL Accessories! Come Early to Get Organized! You will be taking costumes into your dressing rooms and setting up your own stall.
This is a tough year for getting enough help as we are only doing 1 big show. We want this to be a non-stress, fun experience for all! There will be a signup sheet posted for Tuesday May 22 studio rehearsal and we ask that if you still wish to help back stage, please sign up . Thank you for your attention to this matter.
The following will be NEW to the students due to the venue. Please read carefully!
Volunteers are required to be in the building by 5:30 (NO LATER!) We will meet at the West Players Entrance. All students must arrive via the Enmax West Players’ entrance door on the west side of the building. Students must arrive between 5:45 and 6:00 show night . We adhere strictly to these times as we are required to have 200 students dressed and ready for Act 1 at ShowTime…do not be late. Your child may not be dressed and ready for the show if they are late! All students must come with hair and make-up done and with tights (no underwear under tights!) for their first dance. Carry all shoes and additional tights, along with a clean snack in a clearly marked back pack or bag. Try to wear a robe or sundress overtop so it is easy for the dressers to help you. Mark every shoe, every tight, every item they bring with their name, first and last! You may pick up your child during intermission times from the WEST PLAYERS ENTRANCE not any other entrance!
The west corner door will open to the public at 6:00 for seating! All seats are reserved and a ticket is required.
Videos of the entire show will once again be filmed and sold by Cogo Productions. They do a stunning job and this is a great family souvenir. We will not be doing any presales. You may place your order in the lobby of the Enmax on show night. Videos are $45.00 and cheques are payable to Cogo Productions. Add $5 for Blu Ray These videos have every group dance from the entire season on them.
- Festival students we do not change hairstyles at Year End!
- Hair is to be in a mid bun, no part for ALL dances (excluding Tiny Tots and Rec Hip Hop) We are no longer doing any PIGGY BUNS as too many dances overlap with other age groups.
- Tiny Tot Hair is in a 1/2 Pony pulled back off the face and Very Curly!!
- Hey Hey we’re the Monkeys, you wear hoods and do not need curly hair…up in a pony is great!
- Pictures are posted on vandance.ca of hair and make-up.
- Same as Festival for Festival Students (if unsure, look at vandance.ca for this info or attached email)
- All pink, beige and black tights are matte not shimmer!
- Recreational students, see emailed list that went out for pictures.
- Be sure tights are clean, and in good condition. No holes or runs! All tight available at Classique Dancewear
- Please no nylons or pretend tights. Let’s all match and look fabulous!!
- Shoes same as Festival for Festival Students (if unsure, look at vandance.ca for this info or attachment) Recreational students see email list.
Please go to vandance.ca for photographs!
- Dark Stage Make Up for everyone. Please follow these steps.
- Start with foundation 1-2 shades darker than skin tone deep plum blush, brown shades of eye shadow using lots of white highlighter both above and below the eye mascara or false eyelashes(preferred) eyeliner (wings) which makes 2 parallel lines one from below the eye, one from corner of the eye and out about 1/4 of an inch lip liner and a deep red/deep red lipstick Make up should enhance your child’s already beautiful face. It should be done with care
- Large Rhinestone Ear rings for everyone.
- No jewelry or nail polishes (unless called for as accessories).
- All Patten Tap shoes must have elastics not ribbons.
- Do not go out and buy new shoes of any style for your dances. Post on the website or Facebook what you have for sale and what you need. Also, check the boxes of shoes at the studio.
- No panties under tights unless called for on tights list.
- No jewelry or nail polish (unless called for as accessories).
- All black fishnets should be worn with beige matte tights underneath for shine and for comfort.
- Anyone showing midriff in a costume, may buy a full beige body stocking for under it if you wish.