Welcome to VanDance Studios. Located in Lethbridge, Alberta, we are excited to help provide high quality recreational and competition based dance programs. We offer classes for all age categories and skill levels, and with our qualified instructors, we can help you and your children get the most out of their efforts in this beautiful art form. Please take some time to browse our website and blog. We have information available to help you with registration, scheduling, staff bios and qualifications, as well as a few select pictures featuring some of our memories over the last few years. If any questions arise, please use the contact form to let us know, and we will be sure to respond as quickly as possible.
Final Rehearsals (Schedule)
We are entering our month of madness! lol
Just a few reminders for the week ahead:
- Monday: regular classes today
- Sr modern with Heather 8:30-9:30.
- Take home all costumes. If Becky hasn’t completed all costumes, I promise she will have them ready for your rehearsal day!
- Festival of Stars seating passes go on sale 4-6
- Tuesday: No regular classes from 4-5:30
- Costume rehearsal for several classes(check attached schedule)
- Regular classes start at 5:30 Please be in attendance. Time is precious!
- Festival of Stars seating passes are on
- Wednesday: Regular classes for Pre Primary ballet and Primary Musical Theatre only. It is important these kids still attend classes.
- Costume Rehearsal(check attached schedule)
- Festival of Stars seating passes are on sale 4-6 if any left
- Thursday: Regular classes for Pre Primary 2 Tap and Jazz Hop It is important these kids still attend classes.
- Costume rehearsal(check attached schedule)
- Friday: Mass solo/duo rehearsal. Thank you to everyone for understanding this time change. In each discipline we will do anyone with more than 1 solo or duo in the discipline first then go by youngest to oldest. So if you have a solo and a duo in the discipline, you should be going first so you have costume change time.
Please be a good audience and watch each other. It means a lot to our
younger students when the older students watch. They younger kids can learn a lot by watching our older kids too! Remember we want to encourage performance!!
Parents you to are invited to watch but please keep visiting to a minimum.
- YES! We have Miss Heather as our adjudicator
- I’ll open the studio around 11:30 for dressing and warm up
- 12:00-all Ballet (demi, char, pointe are included)
- 12:45 all Tap
- 1:45 all Contemp
- 2:45 all Lyrical
- 3:00 all Jazz
- 3:45 all Hip Hop
- 4:00 all Musical Theatre
- Saturday: Not certain if any teachers are calling rehearsals…
- Sunday: Well deserved day off.
- No regular classes during Easter Break
- Monday: Yates Rehearsals(see attachment)
- Festival of Stars Show 7:00
- Refreshments will be served before the show and at intermission
- students to arrive at back door by 6:00
Hair, Shoes and Tights list
Here is the list for the Hair, Shoes and Tights for the 2019 Festival Season
Festival Makeup Requirements
Hi everyone, we’ve prepared a guide on how to apply stage makeup for your dancer. Please review the document below for pictures and general instructions
Here are some great pictures of what a proper ballet bun should look like
Festival season is upon us, please make sure to note the following dates in your calendar so everyone is there to perform.
April 22: Festival of the Stars 7:00-9:30PM at the Yates Memorial Centre
April 24-27: Fab Feet Festival – Calgary
May 1-4: Dance Inspirations – Moose Jaw
May 8-11: Showtime Lethbridge
Types of Dance
We often get questions about what the various types of dance are. To help with some of the inquiries we have prepared a guide which describes the various types of dance. You can access the document by clicking here or by contacting the studio for more information.
Advertising on Vandance.ca
Our website has significant traffic and would be a great place to promote your businesses. We have set up advertising space for any businesses that wish to give it a try. It`s simple, bring in a business card size add, and we will do the rest. We can also link to your website! The cost is $20 a month with a minimum of 6 month run. It`s a great deal!!