Welcome to VanDance Studios. With studio location in Lethbridge, Alberta, we are excited to help provide high quality recreational/exam based dance programs. We offer classes for all age categories and skill levels, and with our qualified instructors, we can help you and your children get the most out of their efforts in this beautiful art form. Please take some time to browse our website and blog. We have information available to help you with registration, scheduling, staff bios and qualifications, as well as a few select pictures featuring some of our memories over the last few years. If any questions arise, please use the contact form to let us know, and we will be sure to respond as quickly as possible.
Updated Schedule (As of Oct 1)
A few more changes to the schedule. Click here for a new copy or visit the registration page
Monday Class Changes
- We needed to combine the lyrical classes for choreography and attendance purpose. Both older lyrical classes were small groups and would end up in the same festival category.
- In order for ALL Intermediate ballet students to attend, the later time was needed for Intermediate. This eliminates a break for 7’s but adds a break for Intermediates. Perhaps half way through the year, once the work is taught we can switch it back so that the Inter’s do not have the break all year
- We would like to move the boys only hip hop to Wednesday but will not do so until we check with all participants.
Tuesday class changes…
- There are several Intermediate foundation students who can not attend pointe at the Tuesday scheduled time for the next couple of months. This being an exam season, it’s important we are all there!
- We have switched the pointe back to the Wednesday evening, but because these are level 4’s only class on Wed, it will need to go to the bottom of the evening in order to fit the schedule without overlapping students. I am really hoping to switch this schedule back to normal with pointe back to Tuesday once we can! This makes the Wed class very late for the next few weeks.
- Grade 7 and Intermediate Ballet have a combined class on Tuesday night(everyone’s third class). It is now an hour long and will start at 6:45!
Wednesday class changes…
- Tap 6 students were having trouble arriving to the earlier time so we needed to bump down without overlapping any of the 3 ballet grades on this evening as there are students from tap 6 in all grades.
- We needed to add a Tap 7 back into the schedule. We can do it at the end of the evening or Vanessa is available weekly at 3:30…the girls choice.
- We wanted to get the Primary 2 class out of the studio earlier. This schedule gives them a half hour break but finishes them a bit earlier!
Thursday class changes…
- No real changes to what we’ve been running these past few weeks. Heather will keep the Modern 7 and Int Modern together. There is no way to change Tap choreo to an earlier time slot or to a different day. Sorry, one of the only requests I couldn’t accommodate.
Saturday class changes…
- Kindertot class has lots of space and we are still accepting registrations…as of now this class is a half an hour 11-11:30
Hi everyone, we’ve prepared a guide on how to apply stage makeup for your dancer. Please visit the page below for pictures and general instructions
Types of Dance
We often get questions about what the various types of dance are. To help with some of the inquiries we have prepared a guide which describes the various types of dance. You can access the document by clicking here or by contacting the studio for more information.
Advertising on Vandance.ca
Our website has significant traffic and would be a great place to promote your businesses. We have set up advertising space for any businesses that wish to give it a try. It`s simple, bring in a business card size add, and we will do the rest. We can also link to your website! The cost is $20 a month with a minimum of 6 month run. It`s a great deal!!